Andy Warhol

86th birth anniversary of Andy Warhol!

12:43 PM

Follow me on Facebook • Google+ • Bloglovin'


Andy Warhol 1977
By Kightlinger, Jack E., White House photo
[Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
Painter, printmaker, filmmaker, photographer, philosopher, all-round celebrity, Andy Warhol is one of the most influential and controversial artist of the 2Oth century. Yesterday was the 86th anniversary of his birth. He was born on August 6th, 1928 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where he lived his childhood with his family. His parents, poor and hard-workers, were immigrants from Slovakia. 



From my teens, I've always found his work so avant-guard, interesting and eye-catching. And, recently I read one of his biographies that it was so intriguing, like his art and philosophy. I hope to visit his museum sometime! The Andy Warhol Museum in his birth city, Pittsburgh, is like a big, joyful pop-art "playground"! So many great artworks to communicate and experience!    

There are many famous quotes of Andy Warhol. I think that the most known is: "In the future everyone will be famous for 15 minutes". Andy Warhol was so bored with it, seeing and listening this phrase everywhere that after a while he changed it. "I'm bored with that line. I never use it anymore. My new line is "In fifteen minutes everybody will be famous". With his work in any field, he always tried to question what was considered common and established, even if this was a tin can, a bottle, or his own words. And, he always managed to transform this contradiction to a stunning piece of art!

But, my really favourite Warhol's dictum is: "They always say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself"(from The philosophy of Andy Warhol)! And, this is so deeply true!

You Might Also Like

2 σχόλια

Google+ Followers

Followers

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *