artist of the week

Artist of the Week XIV Summer - an interview with the photographer Kyle David Cozzens

8:59 AM

Follow me on Facebook • Google+ • Bloglovin'


Today, I'm happy to present the interview of the photographer Kyle David Cozzens, the winner of the fourteenth "Artist of the Week" contest and his wonderful award-winning photo "Rainbow Balloon". Kyle loves anything about nature and his beautiful portfolio is full of landscapes and nature photography with spectacular colors and beautiful sceneries. 

Art Prints



By jwp. Would you like to tell us a few words about yourself and your winning artwork for an introduction. 

Kyle: I am currently living in the Pacific Northwest where I spend my free time adventuring and taking photos. I actually took this photo while I was in New York visiting family. My father, brother, and I went to a small hot air balloon festival in Cambridge, New York which featured only about eight balloons. I was disappointed with the lighting and the lack of a good background as I snapped shots of the first several balloons to take off. I had put my camera down and just watched the last few balloons take off, but I noticed this multi-colored balloon drifting toward the only patch of clouds in the sky. I raised my camera and snapped off a couple shots. This was the result. 

By jwp. What do you think played a significant role in your decision to choose photography as a means of creation and to expose your work? 

Kyle: Growing up, my mother was always taking pictures at family gatherings. Looking at the photos later on and realizing the ability of a photograph to bring back memories was a great feeling. I believe that is where my interest in photography started.

 

By jwp. Which things do you enjoy photographing most and why? 

Kyle: I like to think that my style is similar to what you would find in National Geographic. I enjoy photographing landscapes and nature, but I also enjoy taking photos that document culture. I like the idea of being able to capture a moment in history that may be gone forever in reality, but captured forever by my photograph. 



By jwp. Are there any photographers or artists that influenced you? How do you believe this is reflected in your work? 
 

Kyle: I believe I am most influenced by the photographers of National Geographic. Their photos are what I have seen and enjoyed most. I believe this is reflected most in the subject and composition of my photos. 

 
By jwp. What motivates you to continue taking pictures? 

Kyle: There are two things that motivate me to keep taking pictures. The biggest thing is seeing progress and improvement in my photos and knowing that there is still a lot to learn. The second is the positive response and commentary on my photos. 
 

 
By jwp. What is the best advice you have ever heard for your work or your life as an artist? 

Kyle: The best advice I have heard is that it is not whether you have an expensive lens or even a perfect understanding of composition that will get you the best photo, but rather having a camera in hand and being in the right place at the right time. 

Thank you so much Kyle for this interesting interview. You can find and follow Kyle David Cozzens and his wonderful work in his site:

You Might Also Like

4 σχόλια

Google+ Followers

Followers

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *